How to Post Images on naturephotos.win
Before posting images on naturephotos.win you must register with us. You can register with facebook and google plus also.
Registered and signed in users can use our image hosting service (naturephotos.win) and upload images directly from hard drive of their systems (computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone).
Images can be uploaded in the NaturePhotos image galleries by using the "Upload" link provided at the top right of screen when you logged in.
There is comment section below each image so comment on the photographs of fellow naturee photographers, they are always happy to get feedback on their posts.
Please follow all posting guidelines given in detail below while posting your photographs on NaturePhotos. Any photographs found violating the posting guidelines will be promptly removed. Repeated violations will lead to disqualification from naturephotos.win and your posting rights will be withdrawn.
Image Posting Guidelines
- The person posting the image must hold the all copyright to the image.
- As an exception, if you are posting an image on naturephotos.win for which you do not hold the copyright, but deem it of some value to website visitors, kindly ensure that you have the full written consent of the original photographer who holds the copyright for that image. Also mention this consent in the description while posting.
- Posting of any pirated material is strictly prohibited!
- Images must be of wildlife or nature shot from any corner of the world.
- Posting images of captive living animals strictly prohibited.
- Posting images of feral and domestic animals are strictly prohibited.
- English will be the language of all communication and description within naturephotos.win.
- Select the single most appropriate category for your image.
- Please do not post the same image in multiple category.
- Please write descriptive but short (max 20 words) title for your images.
- You can post 5 image per day.
- While basic "post-processing"is acceptable, please do not post digitally altered or manipulated images. Images where the subject has been cut out and placed in a different background, morphed images and combining two images of the same subject into one, adding elements that were not originally preset while shooting are strongly discouraged. Remember, we do not want to see what you did not see in the first place.Basic post-processing would generally include the following:
- Crop and Straighten - To clean up and correct any issues with composition.
- Color Correction and White Balance - To correct any color casts and ensure the image colour is as accurate as possible.
- Exposure Correction - To improve the overall tonality and dynamic range of the image.
- Contrast and Clarity - To bring back any missing punch and bring out emphasis and detail.
- Sharpening - Where necessary to bring out any key details.
- Burning and Dodging - Brightening or darkening specific areas in an image, but should be kept to a minimum and not done to the point where it is obvious.
- Suggested image size would be 1024 pixels on its longest side, including any borders or "frames" applied to the image.
- Maximum file size for images that can be uploaded is 5MB. But we suggest to keep it as low as possible for fast loading on slow internet.
- Please consider the merit of your image before posting it. You are encouraged to showcase the best of your images to the world!
- On the images you post please do not display anything other than your copyright mark. URL's or names of commercial ventures and Advertisements are strictly prohibited.
- Copyright mark should not be at the top of main subjects on images.
- Do consider including the following information in your posts:
- Equipment information. By telling us what kind of equipment was used we will have a better feel for what we can suggest.
- Camera settings, including shutter speed, aperture setting and exposure compensation can also be useful to those offering their comments.
- Tell us where the image was taken and when. Do not disclose the exact location where you shot the image. The city or State will do.
- Do use the "Tags" provided appropriately as they help in filtering data.
- Do ask for any specific feedback that you wish to receive on your image.
- Tell us what the image is about, what it means to you, and what motivated you to make it.
- Please avoid hand-of-man images. Images of man made structures like temples and houses are disallowed. Avoid landscape images of people farming, tea gardens and the like.
- The only exception to this guideline are images of fellow wildlife photographers in action. In case you are posting an image of a fellow wildlife photographers, kindly get the consent of that person before posting his image.
- Please do not post images derived from baiting a subject with a living being.
Enjoy Wildlife on naturephotos.win